Where has this summer gone? The team at Avalon Family Dentistry cannot believe that it is already August! This is the time of the summer when families get really busy!
- Fitting in final vacations
- Getting school schedules
- Buying school supplies
- Shopping for school clothes
- If you have a college student, getting them set up on campus
- Getting Your Back to School Smile
Now is the time to schedule any of your school age kids so that their dental appointment will not interfere with school and sports! And for the college kids, this is the best time, since many do not have to head back to campus until September!
Give Cristi at our office a call at 253-941-6365 to get them scheduled soon!
As fall approaches, it is a great time to make sure your kids are not only set up for success with school, but also with their dental health!
- Your Federal Way dentist, Dr. Josephine Lee, strongly recommends the use of an electric toothbrush, like a Sonicare or an Oral B.
- Help your kids get into the habit of flossing daily! If they are under 10 years old, it is important that you are helping them with their flossing.
- Take a good look at the snack foods being consumed. Even whole grain crackers can cause higher levels of plaque if they are being consumed too often.
- Try to limit the use of sports drinks, like Gatorade. Many studies are finding that drinks like this can cause substantial damage to teeth.
- If you have questions or concerns about their dental health, feel free to call our office. We are always here to help!
Dr. Lee and her team wish all of our school age patients a WONDERFUL upcoming school year!!!