Dental crowns are a highly popular, effective solution able to resolve a variety of smile issues. What should you know about dental crowns?
Commonly referred to as a cap, a crown is a dental restoration designed to protectively cover or encircle a tooth (or a new dental implant) and prevent it from further damage. It can restore a tooth’s shape, and enhance its aesthetic appeal.
When Crowns Save the Day
Consider some dental scenarios where your Federal Way dentist, Dr. Josephine Lee, may recommend implementing a crown.
- Securing a dental bridge in proper position
- To hold together and strengthen a tooth that is cracked, or structurally weakened by a large filling
- Enhancing the appearance of badly stained or misshapen teeth
- To restore the appearance and strength of teeth that are fractured, broken, or severely worn
- To fortify the tooth against fracturing after a root canal
- Acting as the replacement tooth attached to a dental implant
Crowns Fit for a King(or Queen)
Your dentist in Federal Way, Dr. Josephine Lee, makes it her priority to ensure that your crown will fit perfectly, provide functionality, look completely natural, and keep your smiling proud. By creating a restoration that blends naturally with the rest of your teeth, no one will notice the extent of your dental work.
It’s a simple matter to brush, floss, and care for dental crown just like you would your natural teeth, while reaping the benefits of a smile fit for a king(or queen)!
Crowns can open the door for you to eat, talk, and laugh without discomfort, pain or feeling self-conscious about the appearance of your teeth. Book your appointment with us today and give your teeth something to smile about for years to come, and share this info with your friends and family so that they too can smile like they are royalty.