As your caring family and cosmetic dentist in Federal Way, we would be remiss to not point out some of the very interesting facts that the Easter holiday brings us!
- Easter is the second most important holiday to eat candy! According to the National Confectioner’s Association, Americans consumed seven billion pounds of candy on Easter back in 2001.
- Americans buy more than 700 million Marshmallow Peeps during the Easter holiday, which makes Peeps the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy.
- An astounding 16 billion jelly beans are made exclusively for Easter! That is enough beans to fill a plastic egg the size of a nine story building!
- In all, 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are made for Easter every year! And when taking a bite into one of those bunnies, 76% of Americans prefer to bite off the ears first, while 5% eat the feet first and 4% eat the tail first!
- use a soft bristled toothbrush and brush at least two times per day
- floss your teeth daily
- if you are eating sugary snacks, try to brush afterwards. At the very least rinse with water after!
- if you have recommended dental treatment that has not been completed, this is a good time to schedule it. We all eat things during the Easter holiday that we would not normally, and this is a common time to hear about broken teeth and fillings.
- enjoy your Easter holiday and we will look forward to seeing you at your next scheduled appointment!